RESPONSIBLE PARTY: REDDFORD HOUSE SCHOOLS SOUTH AFRICA (also referred as “the School”) Reddford House Schools South Africa are part of Inspired Education Holdings Limited (also referred as “Inspired Education Group”), which is a company registered in England with number 09268120 and registered address in Sixth Floor, 3 Burlington Gardens, London, W1S 3EP, United Kingdom. Inspired operates numerous affiliated schools globally via its regional offices in Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
In accordance with the terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) and the section 14 of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996, which recognises the right to privacy, Reddford House provides information about how we are processing the personal data that you provide to us.
Our Information Officer can be contacted by email at the address firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries regarding the processing of your personal data.
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
We process personal data from our students and their families and / or legally authorised persons and also from our employees, candidates, suppliers, contractors, prospective customers and third parties interested in finding out more about Reddford House within the systems controlled by the School as a Responsible Party.
The personal data processed are mainly the following:
- Name, surname and contact details;
- ID documents;
- Nationality, location and language;
- Family details and siblings;
- Safeguarding information (such as court orders and professional involvement);
- Education and employment information;
- Images, audio and video recordings, including CCTV footage (video images);
- Financial and bank information;
- Educational centres previously attended.
Other types of data we may collect and process, according to the School purposes, are related to other sensitive information, such as:
- Information about health status or provision of health care linked to a specific individual;
- Behavioural information;
- Special needs;
- Criminal records from our employees or linked to a third party when necessary;
- Biometric information;
- Religion or ideology;
- Sexual preferences;
3. HOW WE COLLECT AND PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
Reddford House collects information in several ways, including:
- Personally and over the phone;
- Through our website, including information collected by our cookies;
- From email and hand delivery paper documentation including job applications;
- Through online tools such as apps, educational platforms and other software used by our School;
- Through any CCTV cameras located at our premises or sites we record images;
- Through third parties, such as referees, professionals or authorities that may be working with the School or the individuals providing a service;
4. PLAWFUL BASIS AND PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
Reddford House processes personal data to lawfully and legitimately carry out the School's educational activity in the framework of individuals’ consent, but also based on a contractual obligation, individuals’ vital interest when necessary and legitimate interest. The School collects and processes information for the following purposes:
- To ensure that the student meets the school's admission criteria;
- To provide educational services including the support of pupil learning, monitor and report on pupil progress;
- To provide to the students welfare and pastoral care services;
- To provide to the students medical and nurse attention, catering service and School transportation, among other necessary services;
- To meet the educational, social, physical and emotional requirements of the student;
- To enable parents/guardians to be contacted in the case of emergency or in the case of unforeseen situations, to inform parents about their child's educational progress or about the celebration of School events, etc.
- With the aim to celebrate school's achievements and to keep a record of the history of the School, Reddford House may take photographs and recorded images of students to be shared in, e.g. yearbooks, School website, etc, always based on written informed consent from individuals;
- To send commercial communications if previously requested and / or authorised by the individuals. These communications may include newsletters and advertisements sent by e-mail, social networks or any other electronic or physical means, present or future, which enable such communications. The individuals will be able to unsubscribe by clicking in the "unsubscribe" or sending a request to our Information Officer
- To comply with the appropriate legislative or administrative requirements.
In the case of a CV received through our website, in the section "Careers", we will process the data with the purpose of recruitment of staff and to include the applicant in a selection process or to consider the application for future positions. In this regarding, the School also collects information about prospective staff when necessary for:
- Conducting the selection process;
- Assessing the suitability of the candidate for the position;
- Administration of human resources records;
The personal information object of processing may only be communicated to other Reddford Schools in South Africa or even to other schools integrated in Inspired Education Group with the prior petition or written informed consent of the individuals, applicants or employee.
It may also be communicated to other third parties that may need it to provide a service for the School or when legally required. In this case, personal data will be processed with the same legitimate purposes mentioned herein.
5. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
As a School, we may be lawfully required to share personal information with relevant authorities or third parties, such as providers of services for our students, parents and / or employees, as permitted on statutory grounds, in addition to comply with legal obligations, to exercise a School’s legitimate purpose or on the basis of a specific consent given by the individual concerned.
We will ensure that, where relevant, contractual safeguards are implemented to ensure the protection of individuals’ personal data when disclosing them to a third party, always under restrictions on the use of personal data and obligations with respect to the protection of confidentiality and privacy as well as the security of the information.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF DATA
The parties to whom we may disclose personal data as above referred may be located in countries that offer the same level of data protection requirements. Your personal data shall be neither rented nor sold to third parties under any concept.
7. CONSERVATION OF DATA
Personal information will only be retained for the period of time legally required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected unless a longer time is required for reasons of public interest archiving, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes. Once the personal information is no longer useful, required or permitted to be retained for legal or business purposes, it will be destroyed or made anonymous under the corresponding security measures.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the POPIA you have rights regarding the processing of your personal data. These rights are, however, subject to certain exemptions and limitations. You have the right to:
- Be informed, at the time when personal data is collected, about the data processing.
- Access the information we process and how we process it as well as to obtain a copy of the personal data considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Request the correction, destruction or deletion of your personal information;
- Object to the processing of your personal information on reasonable grounds relating to your particular situation including for purposes of direct marketing by means of unsolicited electronic communications;
- Not to be subject, under certain circumstances, to a decision which is based solely on the basis of the automated processing of your personal information intended to provide a profile about you that may cause effects for you without your intervention;
- Submit a complaint to the Regulator regarding the alleged interference with the protection of your personal information;
- Institute civil proceedings regarding the alleged interference with the protection of your personal information;
You can request the exercise of your rights by sending a written specific request, along with a copy of your ID card, to the Information Officer's email address at: email@example.com.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you will have the right and possibility to withdraw your consent for any specific purpose granted at any given time without prejudice of the legality of processing according to the consent given before withdrawal.
10. STORING AND SECURING INFORMATION
The School shall use the appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and privacy of the personal data, preventing from unauthorised access or unlawful processing as well as accidental loss, destruction or damage of the files.
The School will not collect and process information from minors. Where the child is below the age of 18 years, such processing shall be lawful only if and to the extent that consent is given or authorised by the holder of parental responsibility over the child.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you would like to discuss anything regarding this privacy notice, or you believe we are processing your personal data disregarding the data protection regulations in force, any claim can be sent to our Information Officer or to the Information Regulator addressed at 33 Hoofd Street, Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark, P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017, phone number +27 (0) 10 023 5200, Cell No. +27 (0) 82 746 4173 or by email at: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za or firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. PRIVACY NOTICE UPDATES
We may need to update this privacy notice periodically so we recommend that you review this information from time to time.
This version was last updated on September 2022